måndag 10 augusti 2009

Temp living in Härnösand - building on fire the first night!

Yesterday (Sunday 9/8) I arrived here in Härnösand at 19.00 a clock, after 11 hours of train traveling (2 hours delayed due to an accident south of Uppsala).

I was a bit tired but happy to be here. It's a lovely little city and it was fun to meet my Nicaragua buddies here as well =)

Sida has a nice facility here in Härnösand. Isabell and I will be living together for this next 4 weeks. I added some pictures of our room and the sunset view here in Härnösand bellow.

There is only one thing I'm not so pleased about, and that is our most unpleasant experience this first night. At 03.00 a clock (am) the fire alarm woke us up from our nice and deep sleep. It was no drill!!!!

We had to run outside in our pyjamas (lucky I had one on!) and wait for the fire fighters to arrive. But we couldn't see or smell any smoke. After 30 minutes the alarm was shut down and we were allowed back inside again. Something in the attic had set off the alarm and the fire fighters walked around in the building, checking it out...

I was able to fall asleep again at 05.00 am... and at 7.30am it was time for us to wake up again. Breakfast and first day at "school" =)



And now I'll try to catch some very well needed sleep!
Whish me a fire-free night! =)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar